Here at Farley HQ we always try to minimise our impact on the environment and we’re excited to announce another big step, the installation of our new electric vehicle charger. Clients with electric vehicles can now charge their cars in our main car park whilst propping, meaning charging your vehicle doesn’t have to impact your day and you can get on safe in the knowledge your car will be fully charged and ready to go when you are. The charger is administered via the Charge Point app and is very simple to use. If you’d like any more information or instructions on how to get going when you ‘fill up’ for the first time, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We’re always looking at improvements we can make but here are a few things we’ve had in place for some time now;
- Smart lighting – all our lighting is energy efficient LED and most lights around the showrooms are controlled by sensors so they’re not on needlessly when those areas aren’t occupied
- Cleaning – we’re trying to use the most environmentally friendly cleaning products where possible and have adopted a bulk buy and refill policy to reduce our packaging waste
- Paper – we use 100% recycled paper as much as possible, from our printer paper to toilet roll and hand towels
- Going digital – we’re constantly re-evaluating our procedures in an effort to digitise where we can and become a more paper free office
- Packaging – we use recycled materials wherever possible. We recently moved from plastic tape to paper tape, we prefer to use reusable blankets when it’s suitable to do so and we keep all old packaging and make use of it as void fill for as long as possible
Ultimately, we always try to apply the REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE model in all areas of our business.
However, one of the biggest areas where we have a positive impact on the environment is that our collection is for hire. The ultimate in reuse and recycle. We maintain our collection to the highest standard possible so that pieces can be used again and again, meaning they stay in use for many years and save our clients from having to make or buy something new.
If you have ideas on other areas where we can improve let us know!
For more information or to receive a copy of our Environmental Policy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.